English | Bahasa Malaysia
This Privacy Statement sets out how Captivate Sdn Bhd collect, store and handle personal information (as defined below) of individuals in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) and the laws of Malaysia.
Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we use the personal information we may collect from you. By providing your Personal Information to us, you are consenting to this Privacy Statement and the collection, use, access, transfer, storage and processing of your personal information as described in this Privacy Statement.
- What This Privacy Statement ExplainsThis Privacy Statement explains:
- What kind of personal information we collect
- How we collect your personal information
- How we use your personal information
- When we disclose your personal information
- When we transfer your personal information abroad
- Your right to access and correct your personal information
- Our Commitment To YouWe value your trust and are committed to protecting your personal information. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about supplying your Personal Information to us when you sign up to provide your services to Captivare Sdn Bhd, we provide you with this Privacy Statement outlining our practices and the choices you have concerning how your Personal Information is being collected and used by us.
- Defining Personal InformationPersonal information refers to any information which relates directly or indirectly to you. This includes any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact you. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, personal information encompasses sensitive personal information which relates to information relating to your health, political opinions, religious beliefs, etc. For the avoidance of doubt, please note that this Privacy Statement is applicable only if you are a natural person / an individual.
- What Kind Of Personal Information We CollectIn order for you to provide your services to Captivate Sdn Bhd and for Captivate Sdn Bhd to reimburse you for your services, we need to collect relevant personal information from you. The personal information collected by us may include (but is not limited to) the following:-
- contact information such as your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC or passport number), gender, nationality and race, marital status, language proficiency, weight, height, photograph, education level, current private and/or business address, telephone or mobile phone number, fax number, email address
- your bank account details
- the status of your performance in providing your services to Captivate Sdn Bhd
- recording of your image via cameras when you perform your duties in our network of outlets
- When And How We Collect Your Personal Information?We may collect personal information directly from you when you:-
- communicate with us (for example when you submit an application form to become a service provider or when you contact us to enquire on availability of contract services
- when we communicate with you to update your details
- register with us as a Service Provider
- participate in any of our surveys
- register interest and/or request for information of (through our online portals or other available channels) respond to any marketing materials we send out
- commence a business relationship with us (for example, as a service provider/business partner)
- visit any of our offices
- visit or browse our websites
- lodge a complaint with us
- provide feedback to us (for example via our websites or in hard copy)
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
- How We Use Your Personal InformationWe may collect and use personal information from you or from the category of third parties identified in this Privacy Statement, for one or more of the following purposes:-
- to verify your identity
- to assess and process your application(s) /request(s)
- to administer and manage the Services you provide (including billing, facilitating payments and collecting items or tools we provided to you in the course of your service to Captivate Sdn Bhd)
- to investigate and resolve any payment queries, complaints or other enquiries that you submit to us regarding your services
- to detect and prevent fraudulent activity
- to manage our networks
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with any information you have requested
- to engage in business transactions in respect of Services to be offered and provided by you
- to establish and better manage any business relationship we may have with you
- to process any communications you send us (for example, answering any queries and dealing with any complaints and feedbacks)
- to help us monitor and improve the performance of our network, Products and Services as well as your services to make these more efficient
- to maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems
- to manage training and quality assurance
- to notify you about benefits and changes to determine how can we improve our services
- to produce data, reports and statistics which shall be anonymised or aggregated in a manner that does not identify you as an individual
- to investigate, respond to, or defend claims made against, or involving Captivate Sdn Bhd
- to conduct marketing activities (for example, market research)
- to maintain records required for security, claims or other legal purposes
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities
- Disclosure of Your Personal InformationAs a part of administering and managing the Services you provide (including billing, facilitating payments and collecting items or tools we provided to you in the course of your service to Captivate Sdn Bhd, we may be required or need to disclose information about you to the following third parties:
- law enforcement agencies
- government agencies
- companies and/or organisations that act as our agents, contractors, service providers and/or professional advisers
- companies and/or organisations that assist us in processing and/or otherwise fulfilling transactions and providing you with Products and/or Services that you have requested or subscribed for
- our business associates and other parties for purposes that are related to the purpose of collecting and using your personal information
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent
subject at all times to any laws (including regulations, guidelines and/or obligations) applicable to Captivate Sdn Bhd.
- Direct MarketingWe may use your personal information to provide you with information about our and third party services which may be of interest to or benefit you, except where otherwise requested or notified by you.If you do not wish your personal information to be utilised for the purposes of marketing or should you change your mind in relation to your previous decision, please contact us at Captivate Sdn Bhd via the contact details provided below. Your latest written instructions to us will prevail.
- What If Personal Information Provided By You Is Incomplete?Where indicated (for example in registration/application forms), it is obligatory to provide your personal information to us to enable us to process your application in order for you to provide your services to Captivate Sdn Bhd. Should you decline to provide such obligatory personal information, we may not be able to process your application or allow you to provide your services.
- Your Rights To Access And Correct Your Personal InformationWe can assist you to access and correct your personal information held by us.Where you wish to have access to your personal information in our possession, or where you are of the opinion that such personal information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or where relevant, not up-to-date, you may make a request to us by contacting Captivate Sdn Bhd via the contact details provided below. You should quote your name, address and phone number and provide brief details of the information you want a copy of in any such request. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request to access or correct your personal information within 21 days of receiving your request.Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated requests for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reasons for not being able to accede to your request.
- Your ObligationsYou are responsible for providing accurate and complete information to us about yourself and any other person whose personal information you provide us and for updating this personal information as and when it becomes incorrect or out of date by contacting Captivate Sdn Bhd via the contact details provided below. This obligation is a condition to the provision of your Services to us.In the event you may need to provide us with personal information relating to third parties (for example about your spouse or children or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organisation or company) for dealing with us, you confirm that you have (i) obtained their consent or otherwise entitled to provide their personal information to us and for us to use accordingly, and (ii) informed them to read this Privacy Statement at our website at (website).
- Online Dealings With Captivate Sdn BhdCookies We collect information about your use of our websites from cookies. Cookies are packets of information stored in your computer which assist your website navigation by customizing site information tailored to your needs. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. You are not obliged to accept cookies. If you are concerned, you can set your computer either to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. However, rejection of cookies may affect your use of our websites as we will be unable to personalize aspects of your use of the website.Links to Third Party WebsitesPlease be informed that this Privacy Statement applies solely to Captivate Sdn Bhd’s Website and does not apply to any third party websites you may access from our websites. To determine how they deal with your Personal Information, you should ensure that you read their respective privacy policies.
- Transfer Of Your Personal Information Outside MalaysiaIt may be necessary for us to transfer your personal information outside Malaysia if any of our service providers or strategic partners (“overseas entities”) who are involved in providing part of Captivate Sdn Bhd Products and/or Services are located in countries outside Malaysia. You consent to us transferring your personal information outside Malaysia in these instances. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your personal information for any reason other than to provide the Products and/or Services they are contracted by us to provide and to adequately safeguard your personal information.
- Updates To Our Privacy StatementWe may amend this Privacy Statement from time to time and the updated version shall apply and supercede any and all previous versions, including but not limited to, leaflets or hard copy versions. Please check our website for information on our most up-to-date practices.
- Our Contact DetailsShould you have any queries, concerns or complaints in relation to this Privacy Statement , kindly contact us at Captivate Sdn Bhd during office hours (between 9:30am to 6:30pm, Mondays to Fridays at the following contact points:
|Address:||201D Level 2 Tower D Uptown 5,
47400 Petaling Jaya,